Wednesday, November 19, 2008

You Have Got to be Kidding Me!

This was an actual listing on Craigslist. I cracked up when I came upon it and had to post it! I think my sister Julie made some of these same items!

I didn't think anyone did Macrame anymore...I guess I was wrong! I just hope none of my readers posted this on CL...they might not think it's so funny!


I guess Craigslist does have it ALL!!!! Too funny!
___________________________________




Macrame Hangers
Reply to: mailto:sale-926240113@craigslist.org?subject=Macrame%20Hangers [?]Date: 2008-11-19, 7:48PM EST




"The Driftwood Owl" - Macrame Wall Hanger Four-ply natural jute cord with a driftwood perch. Completed length: 24-30 ". $27.95




"The Sunshine Surprise" Macrame Plant Hanger Plant Hanger Six mm orange braided nylon cord with wooden beads. Finished length: 52 inches. $20.95





4 comments:

julie said...

That post was killing me!! I made those in the 70's and had no idea they could be worth $25.

Vicki said...

This is too funny. My Mom had that exact same plant hanger. The color is the same too!

Are these new or is someone trying to make a buck off their mother's treasures?

~joanne said...

True story.....

Just today I was cleaning for a lady and we were cleaning her laundry room. There it was....a macrame plant hanger..dust covered and all!

I said "what are we doing with the plant hanger?" She said "I can't get rid of it, my daughter made it!" I said "let's give it to her and she can decide if she still wants it!"

So we did...I think it will see the inside of the garbage can very soon!

I do believe that this listing is for new ones!

Glidewell Family said...

Oh I Want one it will mach my 70's trailer.