Wednesday, November 26, 2008

At Peace!....

G-ma B, as we fondly called her, passed away yesterday. She was 97 years old....what a strong bloodline!

We were just up to see her on Saturday. She seemed pretty good...her mind has always been good! Her legs just didn't work that well, so she was pretty much bed ridden. She didn't appreciate having laid in bed for the last 3 years....she seemed to tell me when I would see her.
She was a avid gardener and bird watcher....she had a REAL green thumb! I swear she could grow a whole geranium off a little clipping! I could kill a whole plant in less time than it took her to grow new one. Although she was known for speaking her mind, she always had an open door policy! We were always welcome at G-ma B's! The guys use to hang out there after hunting, before Neil & Bonnie built their home up there. She always was eager to hear the deer stories!
She was a hard worker too! She helped build an addition on their farm house and probably did her share of canning and farming. She raised 4 kids, with Steve's dad being #3. Yesterday would have been Lawrence and Wava's 80th Wedding Anniversary! That just seems unbelievable...80 years!! WOW! Lawrence passed away in 1986, after a short battle with lung cancer. I never had the opportunity to meet G-pa B.....but I have told Steve...I know he would have loved me..Ü..!!!
Another chapter in the Buckner history books. I never knew for sure if G-ma had excepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior. I can only hope that at some point she came to know Him. I do know that someday, we will stand before the Lord and have to give an account for our lives & what we believed in. It will be too late on that day to believe in Him! Good deeds and kind heartedness will not get you into Heaven. Only those that believe on Him with be saved. We don't know when that day will come..could be tomorrow..could be next year...could be in 5o years! Being a good gardener, good dad, good mom, a shopper, good employee, are all good things to be but only knowing Jesus will be good enough! If you have never considered your relationship with Jesus...don't wait!

2 comments:

Glidewell Family said...

My Grandmother also couldn't walk her last year of life. She did a lot of sleeping. My sister asked her what she would dreamed about and she said that she would dream about walking. Now they are walking.

Vicki said...

Sorry to hear of the passing of
G-ma B. She gets to be with her husband again after so many years, this must bring your family some comfort.