Monday, November 3, 2008

Taking Care of Business.......

One of the down sides of living in town is.....leaves!...... Steve got my Dad's yard sweeper and picked up the leaves that had fallen thus far. Trent had fun playing in them and Jaxi really liked them! Trent would through a hand full up and she would jump to get them! Jaxi was tearing around in circles with great delight. She has been a great dog for the boys...... She enjoys them chasing her, playing frisbee, chasing the tennis ball..... She has a lot of spunk! We have to put the leaves by the road and the village comes by with a big leaf sweeper. It has proved to be a great purchase by the village. We very much enjoy not having to haul them away!! Growing up in the country, I can honestly say, I had never raked leaves till I moved here!!


7 comments:

Dawn said...

looks like fun to me!!! We have one little that might have 100 leaves on it LOL, I miss the fun of jumping in the leaves and the smell...was the best part of all...

Vicki said...

We have so few young trees that our kids go across the street and bring the neighbors leaves over to our yard to play in. I never understand it. I think that it's better to leave them across the street where I don't need to pick them up.

I like the sound the leaves make when you walk through them. I remember raking when I was a kid but we piled them into the woods. Oh, the good old days!

The Hendersons said...

joel would have loved living in the country because then he could BURN the leaves LOL!! he loves the pyro thing!

julie said...

Is that sunshine in November in Michigan?I can see Trent's shadow.

~joanne said...

Yes, the sun does still shine in Michigan!!

We aren't always, all about s*n*o*w!

julie said...

My next question.. Has Trent washed his face since getting the black lines under his eyes for Halloween? He must love the look!

~joanne said...

That picture was taken on Halloween.....between school and tick or treating.