Saturday, August 30, 2008

Anyone Know??.....

Does anyone know what these items are used for?...to give a baby a bath....nope! To make homemade Laundry soap....nope!

Give up? They are used in a recipe to make homemade stamp cleaner...that's what you were gonna guess next...right? When I say 'stamps' I am referring to the craft kind....if you still have no idea what I'm writing about....push the 'X' in the upper right hand corner...good bye!
I found this recipe after I acquired a Stampin' cleaner at a garage sale for $1..don't hate me. (and bought Lori a color spritzer tool..... for $1...She said I was her "favorite friend"...do you think she just wanted what I had???? please tell me no!) again, if you have no idea what I am writing about....go to the "X'.

I googled 'Stamp Mist' and came up with this on several posts. People claim it works as good as Stampin' Up's, if not better! Here's the recipe........
2 T. Glycerin
8 oz. or 1c. distilled water
1 t. baby wash

Mix together and put in small spray bottle. You can now use your Stamp Mist without fear of running out. I think the glycerin cost me about $4, the water was $1, and baby wash $1...so for about $6 you will have enough cleaner till your stamps shrivel up!
You can purchase glycerin at most pharmacies. They do recommend distilled water, as it is free of 'stuff'. The glycerin is a emollient to 'condition' your stamps. Some variations use Simple Green cleaner diluted......Google it if you are interested in that recipe.
Sorry if you are a Stampin' Up demonstrator...I just believe in sharing when I stumble upon something good. I do love the products but would rather spend my $$ on something I can't make myself!

BTW...this is NOT the September Recipe of the month! *Ü*

8 comments:

julie said...

I understand the idea of a stamp cleaner but can't figure out the X thing.

Anonymous said...

She is telling you to Exit out of the blog if you do not understand. Go to the little "X" in the upper corner of your screen...

~joanne said...

Thank you Janice!

julie said...

I don't have a X. On my MAC I have red, yellow and green buttons!or a back up arrow.

~joanne said...

Well, that makes me feel a whole lot better...I was starting to wonder about you Julie!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joanne, I was getting low on my cleaner, now I can spend more on stamps8^)! Lori:)

Glidewell Family said...

I would leave a comment but my name doesn't start with a "J"

Carolyn =^..^= said...

I think your sisters are funny! I'm on a Mac right now too so no X but I get it - you're funny Joanne. Oh, and thanks for the recipe; my sales just dropped - JK.