Friday, August 1, 2008

Beautiful Berries......




BIG, BEAUTIFUL, BOUNTIFUL, BRILLIANT, BODACIOUS, BLUE BEAUTIES!!!!!


My friend, Caryn and I picked blueberries at Aftons Blueberry Farm on Thursday while the kids were at VBS. The bushes were just full and they were sooooo yummy. They were jumbo sized berries...like that big one in the middle! Makes you want to reach out and grab it!


We were only there about 45 min. and each picked about 5 pounds.


I'm think about eating them all before Steve and the boys get home Saturday....that might not be such a great idea!!


We couldn't resist stopping at some garage sales before we picked. We didn't get much...just a few things. When we started picking, it was around 11am and I was regretting the black top I had on! It was getting pretty steamy out there....a better time would have been 8am!!

Grow those in CA!

4 comments:

The Hendersons said...

Julie is going to be SO jealous!

Dawn said...

YUM YUM YUM !!! I LOVE FRESH BLUE BERRIES !!!

julie said...

You are killing me! Blueberries are my favorite. I remember picking them as kids and eating them in the back of the car all the way home from Paw Paw. Five pounds doesn't seem like enough.

Anonymous said...

I had to buy some at Meijers--5 pounds is not enough for this family! I wish I could pick them here also.