Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Michigan's Best...

One of the best things that Michigan has is....APPLES! This time of year is a great time to live in the Apple belt! We've got them all them all. Fuji, Gala, Macintosh, Johnathan, Courtland, Red Del., Yellow Del., Honeycrisp, Empire, Johna-mac....

So, to celebrate the season, I made an Apple Crisp. I thought I would post my recipe, so you too can enjoy an Apple Crisp at your house. It's a great smell.



The peeled apples




A necessity for people that live in MI!!!





The peelings and the cores


~Apple Crisp~

8c. apples peeled, sliced
1c. sugar
2T.flour

Toss 3 together and put in 9x13


1c. butter--melted
2c. oats
1 1/2c.flour
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. sugar

Combine above & spread over apples, gently push down. Bake 375 for 45-50 min.

The finished product....



Mine








Steve's



my hints..~use a mixed variety of apples (you get better flavor and consistence!)
~Add sugar to apples as needed....some like them sweeter than this.

Hope you enjoy this recipe!

6 comments:

Janice said...

OOOOHHH that looks great! Might be even better with Julie's best friend.

Apples are still expensive here and not many varieties--may have to wait for a trip to Meijers.

~joanne said...

Want me to send you some?

steve said...

Sounds so good I think I'll have some more!!

julie said...

I always thought it made a wonderful breakfast food...oatmeal and fruit. Add ice cream and you have dairy too.

The Hendersons said...

that does look soooo good. Way to do Joanne!

The Hendersons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.