Tuesday, September 1, 2009

'New to Me'.....


I love Craigslist!!!
Did I mention that before?? I think I might have?
I've been in this dilemma....Three boys and furniture. Need I say more?
I needed a new couch...but have three boys that still spill and make messes. So, I have been on the look-out for a 'new to me' couch. We found one last week-end. I faithfully searched everyday the ads. I wanted leather...Steve..not so much! And since I was asking him to fund it...I thought I might go along with him! Wise don't you think!
My two requirements...not Blue & have recliners on the ends! I got both. We picked up this less-than-a-year-old-microfiber-dual-recliner-couch! I have been so enjoying my new seat!
God is to good to provide just what we need! I'm reminded of a car we once purchased. It was early on in our marriage. We were shopping used cars...long story short...I convinced Steve to buy this less than great car! That was a real lesson for me....never take the lead from your husband. I can sometimes get him to make a choice that he otherwise wouldn't do. I try not to back him into these corners. It never works out good! If I'm patient and we agree on something..then we proceed. It's been a hard lesson for a self proclaimed 'Thrift Queen' to learn. I've had to remember, that there is always a deal to be had and if I'm patient..it's always better than the first bargain!
And the price was.....$250! Which we thought was a do-able price! Now to replace the recliner....

4 comments:

Carolyn =^..^= said...

I like it Joanne! You did good. I've heard this fabric is VERY easy to take care of/clean.

Vicki said...

I noticed the towels on the arm rests. You are so wise!

The Hendersons said...

joanne.. you continue to amaze me. well done!

by the way.. i posted an answer about the pudgies... the bottom line being they never responded to me. given i have bought or encouraged the purchase of many pie irons .. well.. it just hurt a little :)

Glidewell Family said...

love your new couch. We have a lot of good stuff on cl here because of two military bases close by. Just need money to go shopping Ha Ha! Pretty sad when you cant even afford CL! Good Find!