Monday, September 14, 2009

Good Intentions!......


Sometimes, like all of you, I have good intentions! Life gets away from me and my good intentions aren't fruitful.
Well, it happened again.....I planned to make Peach Jam. Although, I have never made it, a friend of my posted how to do it. I thought I can do that...It will be delicious. I will hand them out to teachers as Christmas gifts. I will be so proud of my domestic accomplishments.
Well, you can see by the picture...it didn't happen as I had planned. I'm so good at getting the supplies...I got the jars, the pectin, the peaches. I had even consulted with some canning experts. I have a hard time getting things done that have a tight deadline..how about you?
The peaches seem to be not ripe enough for jam when I bought them, so I nicely set them on a tray to ripen. And then all at once they rotted. How dare they! I was gonna use them! I had plans for them!
How about you....do you start a project and lose heart? Start a remodel project to big for you to handle? Start a hobby and never get to the hobby? Start painting a room and never finish?

3 comments:

Vicki said...

I'm right there with you Joanne. I've got all the scrap booking stuff, but never really did more than a couple pages. However, just recently (2 weeks ago) my Mom and sister-in-law and I have been meeting on Wednesday nights to do just scrap booking. Finally, I am able to use things I purchased years ago!

Janice said...

I think we learned from the best. I have bought the beginnings of many projects, then get sidelined or distracted by the next great project! Some day I will get them all done.....

The Hendersons said...

joanne.. i've known you longer than i want to admit at this point.. and you have always done a great job of completing projects.

i would say you are more like michael and hope steadman in the old tv show thirtysomething.. where you are just slowly working toward completion all the time.. than someone who doesn't get things done.

they should make a tv show about you!