Friday, June 27, 2008

A New Twist....

I was thinking the other day, that I would start a new twist to my old blog.....a recipe of the month.....'Raving Recipes'.



The thought came to me the other day when I made a meal for Josh & Amy. I was talking to Amy, a couple days after that meal and we were talking about the recipe. I was telling her how I like simple and easy with a only a few ingredients....she agreed. I was thinking...I should post it on my blog, so she can look at the recipe and so others might benefit from it too!...an idea was born.

So here goes my first attempt...... I thought it might be fun, if you do happen to try it, you could post your thoughts under my comments.....good or bad.


Beef & Cheese Enchiladas-

2--10 oz. cans Enchilada Sauce
1 lb. fried burger
2--8 oz. shredded cheese
10 med. soft shells (can also use smaller size..just won't each sides of pan)

-Mix meat, 1-8oz cheese and ½-¾ can of sauce....set aside.
-Spread rest of sauce, in can, in bottom of 9x13 pan. (turn pan to cover bottom)
-Spoon meat mixture on shells; dividing between shells. (I lay out shells, then put a scoop on each till it is all gone) spread the length of shell.
-Roll up shells and put seam side down in pan.
-Top with rem. sauce and then rest of cheese
-350° for 20-25 min.

**less spicy version......1 can of Enchilada sauce & 1 can of tomato sauce. Mix together before using in recipe


These will all be simple recipes...I am no gourmet cook. Let me know your thoughts.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to come out of your safety zone :)

Dawn said...

sounds like a good idea, I just got a really good recipt from the "tast of home" magazine. we tryed it this weekend and we love it! I will share it with you though your e-mail.
Dawn

julie said...

The recipe was great. I did have to work with the ingredients I had at home though. Hot fudge, ice cream, bananas and whip cream. Amazingly no leftovers!!

Megan Manne said...

I love love LOVE this idea! I'm a recipe-aholic and love getting recipes from other people - looking forward to trying yours out! =)

Anonymous said...

I love your idea but could you please use another color to print it, for this old lady:) I had to squint to read it- I might get MORE wrinkles!
Lori K :)

Carolyn =^..^= said...

Good idea. I'm all for the recipe of the month thing. I, too, like recipes without a million ingredients!!