Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Going Soft.....

To the wonderful men in my life..... Thank You! You all have been a blessing in my life in so many different ways. Thank you for helping me become the women I am.



Steve you have been a amazing husband and father and my best friend. You have true patience and compassion. I thank God for bringing you into my life many years ago. Thank you for pursuing me.....you knew a good thing when you saw it! *Ü*





Dad, you have really helped me grow-up in so many ways. Sometimes with a spanking (my sisters will contest....not enough of them!), sometimes with a hug and sometimes with just letting me learn the 'hard way' but you have done a great job. Thank you for being a protector and provider. You had a great work ethic....you worked a lot of Saturdays, so you could take us on vacation or let me have one more pair of jeans! It's been a blessing to call you DAD.



Neil...I wasn't privileged enough to 'grow-up' in your family but you welcomed me in some 20 years later. You raised a wonderful son and father. You were a great example of a Godly man, you sought out a different life for your family and continued to walk down that path with them, which I am eternally grateful for. You must be so proud of your boys and how they have grown up to model your values. All I can say is 'thank you'...you don't know how wonderful my life is because of you and Bonnie.

I didn't originally plan for this post to turn out this way...it just happened. In this world we live in, with the deterioration of fathers and their role, I thought I should take some time to thank the men in my life. We need men in our lives...that's how God intended it. All I can say is that I'm truly blessed!!

We enjoyed a dinner together after church. We grilled steaks, Bonnie brought the Potato Salad, Linda brought Apple Crisp...it was all delicious...and it was a beautiful day in Kent City. We were able to eat out on the deck which doesn't always happen. Jaxi napped one of the steaks while the guys were opening gifts...she made a clean break for the backyard, where she could sit back and enjoy her find. Needless to say, I busted her and had to throw that one away...sneaky little dog.

No comments: