Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hurricane Evelyn--Category5...


We've been hit! Send help! A category5 hurricane hit. We could see it approaching but yesterday it came ashore. We've had our eye on it, but we never thought it would grow to this magnitude. It did minimal damage to structures although, toys were severely tossed around. We witnessed Beanie Babies, Legos and Army men all being tossed around by the heavy winds. We have never seen any thing like this before! It is going to take some major clean up on Troy and Trent's part. Believe it or not, they are hidden in there...see if you can find them!
I used to think a nice clean room was so beautiful and orderly. I still think that, but I have come to realize that those are un-played with toys! I wanted my kids to play in the room touching only the two toys that they appeared to be playing with. My thought was...keep them nice so we can give them to someone else or sell them in our garage sale. I know it sounds crazy...saving there toys for someone else to play with. I realizing in my maturity that it is a short while that those toys will be all over. There will be days in the very near future that I will clean their rooms and no one will enter them for months. Is that tears of joy or sadness I'm wiping from my eyes?

I do think there is a time to clean things up and to take care of the toys and "stuff" God has given us. I'm trying to keep a balance. This does seem a little out of balance.

We will have to get this in order before school resumes...recently that seems to be my time line. Good thing events come so we can get things accomplished! At least for me, that's how I get things done!
Everyday is a blog day! Watch out, you could be my next subject....

~joanne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joanne-
You should have become a news reporter... your blog is a blast to read and you make Jared and I laugh every time! We started a new blog today... www.winellweekly.blogspot.com
of course you can still reach me at awaitingthegreatercity.blogspot.com but this one will be more fun because it's from both of us... :D smile on sista' girl!
Love and Prayers,
-Christina