Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Before school starts...

There were so many things that I wanted to do with the boys before school resumed and now here it is mid August!
I've always wanted to take them to the fair...I'm not sure they really want to go see a bunch of 4-H projects and smelly animals! It was so much a part of my childhood I wanted to let them experience it too! I have fond memories of fair week! I actually showed cows one year. I also participated in cake decorating, sewing, wild flowers, bird watching, bowling, baking and maybe some others I've forgoten over the years! Sounds like some of those I should have forgotten to list!! Help me out Julie and Janice with my memory!
I think I also promised Trent I would take him to Binder Park Zoo! We did make it to John Ball last month during free days along with a bazillion other people with strollers! We went with our friends the Snyders...we really did have fun together and saw lots of animals out and about!!
We never made it camping this year and it's not looking good for the rest of the summer!

Isn't funny how we want to take our kids to place that we enjoyed as a kid?

~joanne

6 comments:

julie said...

Bird watching? The best part of fair week--funnel cake!!

~joanne said...

I'm sure you didn't do that one...I think we had to make a notebook of the birds we spotted. I think Janice did that one with me?
Do you remember taking me on the double ferris wheel? I screamed "let me off this thing" everytime we went by the guy ..needless to say you weren't real proud of me at that moment!!

julie said...

I don't remember the ferris wheel. I loved watching the horse races and thinking we were better than the dairy kids!!

~joanne said...

Janice, please help me with our memories...you always recall what happened!!
Trust me on the ferris wheel think...it happened...I inherited mom's fear of heights!! Maybe that is where my fear started!

~joanne

julie said...

I remember the white cow that we chased all over the back acres ... before someone came to their senses and realized THAT cow was never going to be shown.

A tough steak.. .but good memories.

Uncle Tod

Anonymous said...

One correction, those were steers not cows and I remember the bird watching and the wildflowers notebooks. I do not remember the Ferris Wheel—I was probably hiding in the barn so I did not have to go.