Friday, July 1, 2011

Great Wolf Lodge.....

Last Thursday Steve was heading to Great Wolf Lodge for a fire show.  At the last minute his boss couldn't go with him..so Steve called me at 2:30 and asked if I wanted to go with him...my first response... I would love to but I have sooo much going..that I can't.  Needless to say we were pulling out for Traverse City at 4:00 with Troy & Trent in the backseat! Yes...we got ourselves packed in an hour! So, I guess things can be changed and re-arranged!  We stopped by a near by Fire department to pick up a truck for people to look at....and I followed Steve with the truck.  Once we got there, we had to give it a quick wash....it's a family affair!

everyone's helping! 
The next morning, bright and early, we headed to the water park. Steve had to stay out with the truck and do the show...so mom had to do the slides, play structure, lily pads....and of course, the river and the hot tub! 

Normally, we don't do the "extra's"....we did let Trent make a tie-die pillowcase...here he is before he started it 
me helping him 
then we played a game of checkers in the 'Cub Club'...yes I did beat him. 
Steve was able to come in late Friday PM for a few quick rides down the slides with the boys. 
and some basketball 
Trent was exhausted...isn't this precious! 
on of the other vendors at the show was a fire Truck Simulator.  It is a tool Departments buy to train their staff on driving the truck.  He let Troy, Trent and Steve give it a try. 
Trent can't be trusted yet, he hit a pedestrian. 
Steve said it was very very realistic..his heart was beating away and he was sweating after he got done! 
back to the water park on Saturday...Troy with Trent in the background. 
Trent's finished product..we had to wait to pick it up while it dried. 
saying good-bye for now! 
we will see you again soon GW! 

2 comments:

Vicki said...

What a great last minute trip! So glad your family was able to take advantage of this opportunity. Glad to see Steve enjoys his job.

julie said...

I am going to have to check this place out next time I am in the state. It would be great for my family = lots of water fun with no sunburn!!