Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer Fun...

Sprinkler fun gone bad!  
It all started out as a sprinkler spraying on the trampoline.
Then it turned to making a mud puddle for the bikes.
Then it turned to body mud masks.
Trent and Jack...
Jack in his "mud shirt" 

all in good summer fun!  
A couple of years back this would have thrown me for a loop!
I would have been pretty upset....but in my old age, I have learned to roll with the 'things boys are made of'!!
These are the things boys live for...girls, not so much...at least not me!
I have always felt my boys have missed out by growing up in town.
I wish they would have had a woods to built a fort in 
I wished they would have had a creek to build a dam in
I wish they could have had a real tree fort.
But these kids didn't have that...so I guess they get mud puddles!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered what was going on in our neighborhood this weekend! I was washing the truck, I would have gone for the mud bath too! And I know my little Catie would have jumped right in the mud, she's no sissy city girl! And those boys have a lot to be thankful for from the looks of your blogs! Who needs a real fort anyway? I had one when I was growing up in the country, it wasn't that great really! Good luck with the wash and bath!
Shannon

julie said...

Oh the joys of mud. Looks like lots of fun.

Vicki said...

Your kids haven't missed out on anything - I've seen their tree house! The picture reminds me of my two many years back. My daughter was the one who started it too! LOL!!!