Saturday, July 16, 2011

Blog-mercial

Another Blog-mercial coming at ya!!
On the heels of my birthday...I had some cash to spend.
I've never been happy with my blender...at least that's what Hamilton Beach calls it!
I put ice cream in it to make a smoothie..and it says "no thank you!!!!"
I mean come on...your a blender...aren't you?
Problem solved!
If this looks good to you....read on!!!
I did it!
I got the Ninja!
Let's just say...impressive!
Troy and I wasted no time..testing this baby out.
Right out of the box---we tried the ice!
We didn't have un-even clumps of ice...we had snow!!
It totally made snow cone quality ice!  
I think that is a pretty tall order for any blender.
Then Troy & I quickly moved to something more appealing.....
a Snickers Blizzard....YUMMO! 
it has blades at the bottom and about 1/2 way up..hence more even blending!
Mine also came with a smaller container for mixing small batches.
I purchased it at Pamida for $39 (on sale, of course, $10 of the regular price) 
I've also made Strawberry Smoothies...I have to say...pretty awesome!
You are suppose to be able to make salsa & dips (avocado...)..I have not tried that...so, you are on your own if you choose to purchase a Ninja!
The only thing I have noticed is it only has one on button..it's like a 'pulse' button..you can do quick bursts or hold it down.
This is a MUST for smoothie lovers!!

1 comment:

julie said...

I love smoothies. Will have to check it out.