Saturday, June 25, 2011

A First....

for at least me...and a couple others!  
On Sunday, June19th we headed to Michigan International Speedway
for a NASCAR race.  
We traveled over with Dad & Linda ....only Troy & Trent could come with Steve and I .  
We were followed by the Coates family.
Here we are tailgating our sandwiches.  Some people know how to tailgate..grills, Easy-ups...the works!
We were cheap fans...we got our tickets for free from Coke & Meijers...we brought in drinks & snacks...and didn't buy any do-dads!  I should write a book on inexpensive things to do with a family!  
Let's just say there was a lot of  'Economy stimulating' going on! 
and it was Fathers Day..so I was able to spend the day with my dad and give him his present at MIS!!!! 
Jimmy Johnson fan alert
Trent couldn't wait to get his picture taken by his car!!! 
in the stands
Trent, Linda and Dad back row
Steve, Joanne & Troy front row 
Troy & Steve 
Here they come.  
I was rooting for Carl Edwards....I didn't care if he won (well, I kinda did) 
I just didn't want Dale Jr to pass him!!!! 
the group! 
it was a fun day and better because we spent it with family and friends!!!!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Waiting for that book!

julie said...

You find the best deals. Great family fun on a budget! Good job. I always thought car races would be really loud.