Sunday, January 11, 2009

One More Party.......

Saturday we headed down to South Haven to a late Holiday Party at the Spencer's new home. They just moved in in August. As we rounded the ½ mile drive this is what greeted us. Now, let me just say this picture does NOT do this home justice! I couldn't even get it all in without running down the drive way...so I settled for this half shot!

Yes, that would be a lookout on the 3rd floor.

This picture doesn't do the kitchen justice either......












It was a beautiful home..to state it mildly. I didn't take any outdoors shots but the Black River winds around ¾ of the house.





We enjoyed a wonderful meal prepared by Peggy herself. Soup/salad, meal and dessert..it was all yummy!


The Spencer's own the business that Steve sells for, hence... Spencer Manufacturing!! Brian and Peggy are seated on the far right.



This is their almost finished basement. They are in the process of finishing the bar....where the table saw is. Yes, that would be a 72" plasma TV at the far end.


Can you guess what it is....a hallway? nope...a bowling alley!





Here is Lindsey gearing up for a strike!
We also played a tabletop shuffleboard game...I won't bore you with the details of how Steve and I 'owned' Brian and son Garrett during our first game ever.
We then headed over to the bowling alley were I ruled with high score...my many years of 4-H Saturday bowling paid off!!!
Most of all, we enjoyed the company and time spent with the Spencer family! They are wonderful people to know! What a great evening.........

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I would love a bowling alley in my home. Amanda Miller

Vicki said...

What a beautiful home. I love the two chair sitting area right by the kitchen.

So am I mistaken or were you and Steve sitting at the kiddy table??? LOL!!!!

~joanne said...

Peggy says, those two chairs are where she sits and wakes up every morning!

And yes, we are at the kids table. Hope I never have to leave the kids table!!

The Hendersons said...

steve needs to negotiate higher commissions ;)

Megan Manne said...

Oh my goodness! One of the prettiest houses I've ever seen! I love their taste in decor!

The Hendersons said...

oops... my last comment should have read:

joanne - obviously your readers are mesmerized by the abode.. but I was amazed by your hair. It looks really good!

~joanne said...

Hair amazement???...too bad i just got it cut today!

steve said...

Wait a minute! No one said anything about my hair!?

The Hendersons said...

the only thing that can be said about your hair, steve, is hair today - gone tomorrow ;) you guys are awesome and it looked like you had a blast!