Tuesday, January 6, 2009

bragging...a little

I hope it's a okay to brag a little...of course it is my blog...so if you don't think it's okay......

I'm just posting this card I made for Joel & Carissa. It turned out so cute that I wanted to share it with my card making friends.

To be perfectly honest....I'm a card maker wanna-be! I love to collect all the stuff and look at others beautiful cards and dream about making them...but I often fall short. Since I'm confessing stuff...I'm a perfectionist...there I said it...I feel better! I so want my cards to turn out perfect, I never start them! I know it sounds silly but it is the truth. So, when this one turned out, I couldn't wait to show all of you!

I printed Joel and Carissa's name and wedding date on cardstock....and then Cuttlebugged it with a tag die. Then I ran ribbon through the tag to told it in place. I also put sparkles on the card part...you can't really see it well.

I have to admit it was fun to see it all come together and turn out! Hope you enjoy it!

Does anyone else struggle with knowing they can't make it "perfect" so they don't try......

7 comments:

Carolyn =^..^= said...

That is BEAUTIFUL! I loved your Christmas card too. I remember talking to you about it in HL - it turned out great. As much as I make cards, I too want them to be perfect and have put off making some so I totally understand.

The Hendersons said...

joanne - in the words of one of my good friends... 'it ain't bragging if you can back it up'! way to go!

Bonnie said...

Your card is so pretty! I love all the cards you send and I understand the desire for perfection. I just decided I didn't have enough time left, so I settle for DONE!

Vicki said...

I don't know what cuddlebug is but I love the card. It's beautiful. I too loved your Christmas card this year and shared it with friends.

You have a natural ability with this craft. You should do more and work on forgetting about the perfection. Besides, practice makes perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that card!!! You are very talented and didn't it feel nice to create something....I love it!
Keep on doing it...God gave you a wonderful gift. LoriK:)

julie said...

I'm not sure I'm ready to give up the title of craftqueen but you are very close!

Joel said...

The card looks even better in person! Thank you very much Aunt Joanne! We missed having you and Uncle Steve at the wedding, but it's clear you were thinking about us a lot since you put that much effort into the card. Your well wishes are much appreciated!