Thursday, January 8, 2009

January Recipe....

We went to a 'late' Holiday Party tonight and we enjoyed this salad. And knowing how we all committed to losing weight in '09...I thought it appropriate to post a salad recipe!

Now in case you are wondering.....this isn't a picture of the actual salad. I didn't bring my camera and take pictures of all the food!!

So here it goes.......

BLT Salad
3 heads of Romaine lettuce-chopped up/ripped up/cut up or anyway you want to do it!
1 bag of pre-cooked bacon- or similar-or fried
1 small basket cherry tomatoes-halved (or none at all in my case!)

mix and set aside.

Dressing-
¾c. Miracle Whip
¾c. sour cream
1/3 c. sugar
1t. liquid smoke

Mix and put on salad just before serving.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't care for tomatoes so I picked around them...but the salad was surprisingly good!! Also some of the recipes I looked at (to find a picture to post) added cheese and many added croutons...so you be the judge and add what sounds good to you!

Hope you enjoy it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK. First stuffing and now tomatoes. EEEKKKKSSS! Who are you and what did you do with my sister (who would stand united so none of us had to eat those things). Maybe I need to try more also???

~joanne said...

I didn't say I ate tomatoes!...Never! you can't make me..... not even with sugar on it...not even cut into little pieces!

I'm seeing a therapist about this....

julie said...

I can't even cut tomatoes!! I buy cherry tomatoes for Tod but that is as close to them as I will get.

I'm not sure about a salad that has 1/3 cup sugar in the dressing. Isn't that a dessert?