Tuesday, October 7, 2008

October Recipe....

I know, I know I never posted a September recipe! We had so many things going on that month it was half way through before I even thought about it!

This is a recipe I just tried the other day....and was really quite good. I know what my sisters are thinking......why would anyone eat dried bread crumbs that have been soaked in meat juices. Let me just tell you...I'm with ya! I can honestly say I have never eaten stuffing! I just don't like the thought of it..yuck. But hear me out....it was good...enough that I will make again! (and very easy...bonus!)


STOVE TOP Easy Chicken Bake


1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup Sour Cream
1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed, drained



HEAT oven to 400°F. Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package.
MIX chicken, soup, sour cream and vegetables in 13x9-inch baking dish; top with stuffing.
BAKE 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy now or cover and refrigerate. To reheat, microwave each serving on HIGH 2 min. or until heated through.

__________________________________________________________________

Steve's modifications---needed more stuffing on top, make with 2 boxes of stuffing...you would think he was getting a kick back from Stove Top!

My modification's---used Meijers brand Stove Top and Steamfresh frozen veg.

Before you turn up your nose...try it and let me know what you think!

I might have to try stuffing this Thanksgiving????

9 comments:

Vicki said...

WHAT!!! You have never tried stuffing??? That is one of my favorite parts about Thanksgiving dinner.

Another great way to eat stuffing or Pepperidge farm my favorite) stuffing is stuffed between boneless porkchop (butterfly chop)folded over. May need to place a toothpick to hold while baking. Just mix it a directed, stuff, bake for approx. 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Make some instant pork gravy and yummy! Great for a cold winter evening. Make a side of green veggies and your plate looks like magazine picture!

The Hendersons said...

vicki... you are such a cooking geek!

Vicki said...

I'm an ex MARTHA fan!!!

steve said...

You're all making me hungry!!!!!

~joanne said...

Please tell me you guys don't eat that Green Bean Casserole!

I like green beans..a lot, but not in cream soup....yuk!

Vicki said...

I have to say I make it, but won't eat it. It's made with mushroom soup and I do not like mushrooms! My family loves it though.

~joanne said...

Finally, something we agree on. The casserole AND the mushrooms!

There's a fungus among us!

julie said...

I can't believe you went to the stuffing dark side. What is next gravy?

Glidewell Family said...

Tried your recipe we liked it. Ace said he could do without the corn. Forgot he doesn't like frozen corn. He suggested bean next time.