Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Footage.....

Fall is in the air, here in West Michigan!


This past Saturday we enjoyed our annual fall gathering at Uncle Jim & Aunt Karen's place. It used to be 'land', when we started this tradition since then, they have moved up there and built a house. It used to be known affectionately as the 'Pondersosa'. We have traced the early stages of the gathering to be somewhere in the 11 year range.
Obviously, the kids have grown a lot since it's early stages. They are now bringing girlfriends and boyfriends! We always enjoy hayrides and a
toasty bonfire! We have been blessed with beautiful weather the last couple of years.

Jaxi came this year...she had a ball running loose. She played with Lilly, Mike and Carrie's dog. I think she slept all Sunday, to catch up after all that running!

Most Michiganders would argue that Fall is there favorite season. They love that crispness in the air. Those beautiful changing colors. Apple crisp, hot cocoa, bonfires, hayrides, pumpkins.....and of course hunting!!

How about you...What's your favorite season????

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Fall is the best part about the Midwest region. The leaves become such beautiful colors, they seem unreal.

However, I love my summers, sitting by a lake with cool breeze, blue skies, long days.

I can't really say I love one season more than another. I like the fact that our seasons change, must be why I live in the Midwest.

Glidewell Family said...

This is what I miss the most about living in Michigan is Fall and the changing of seasons. Ace and I were talking also about Michigan produce, there is no other place to get delicious produce with farmers market on almost every corner.