Friday, October 17, 2008

JAXI!......

I wasn't in the frame of mind to get my camera......so no pictures!! I had let Jaxi out and often if she doesn't have to go potty, she looks for a way to get in the front yard. Which is exactly where I found her...in the road!

About a week ago a squirrel had gotten hit....it was pretty flattened by this time....you are starting to know where I am going with this! Well, she thought it a good idea, to get it and parade around our yard with it hanging out of her mouth...NICE....NOT!! So, I went to the garage to get a shovel. The next problem....she will never give up a 'prize' if she knows you want it!! She thinks more of it as a challenge...I got it and you want it!

SOOO....I chased her into the garage, thinking I could at least corner her with it! Great idea!! Then it came to me.....if I get her in the entryway...I can really get her! Problem.....the house door was open!

So like any good dogs, she took her opportunity to run in! So here I am chasing her in the house, squirrel hanging out of her mouth, with a shovel! All I could think was.....not my bed!! Her other favorite spot to stow-away....behind the couch....when she has something she's not suppose to, we can always finder her back there! Like the day, she stole one of Steve's chicken nuggets off his plate, while he was holding it!!!...bad dog!

Anyways back to my story......She ran up on the couch standing there looking at me....come on get it, I dare you! She did ultimately drop it without to much trouble and to my delight it was pretty much dried up...but I didn't know that, till that point!!!

Did I actually pay for a dog????.....

3 comments:

julie said...

You have to love it. Once Jasmine got a hold of a pair of glasses and was running around with them. The more I ran the faster she played keep away. I didn't even want her to drop them.

Bringing home road kill is even a new one for me!

Anonymous said...

I actually saw that squirrel in front of your house and commented to Brian about how flat it was.-Mandi Bair

Vicki said...

I think I would freak if our dog brought in a dead squirrel. You are so brave.

I wish you had home security video. You could of won for best video!!!