Monday, September 22, 2008

Well, It's His Job!!

We left on Thursday morning in style! Kind of a crazy looking caravan! George drove the Fire Engine and we followed in the wagon! It's a 1967 Buick Sport Wagon.....jealous aren't ya! I'll have to admit, I wasn't crazy about riding in this for 3 hours. Admittedly we got some crazy looks, stares, points and thumbs ups! It has the sky lights around the back and a working AM radio. George just had it all re-painted...that is the original color! I kinda felt like I was in the movie 'Vacation'. It was a hit at the Fire Truck Show...which is where we were heading to.



We had 3 trucks in the parade on Saturday throwing out candy and stuffed bears on the streets of Roscommon.

This is basically a trade show for Steve and I go along to hang out. It's held on a fair ground in Roscommon. He spends all day talking with departments looking to purchase a fire truck in
the future. At night we go eat with the other sales people, go in the hot tub....
One night we were even invited to eat at the cottage of Bill and Joan Foster owners of Spartan Motors in Charlotte (cottage on Houghton Lake)....it was quite a honor! We've never been invited before.....it must have been my good hair days that got us invited!
You might be in Michigan if......you have a coyote outside your hotel room window! He wasn't that far away either! They left him some bread treats every morning..we got to see him (or her) all three mornings!
And a highlight for me.......Elephant Ears! I resisted buying one till Sunday morning so I wouldn't be eating one every day! Last year when we went, I never bought one, I certainly didn't want that same mishap this year!!
It sure was yummy and not to greasy!! What's not to like about dough deep fried, spread with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar!!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Sounds like a fun weekend...lots of RED! Mmmmmm - how admirable you waited until Sunday for your elephant ear...I LOVE those things!

Anonymous said...

Did the wagon have the backwards back seat? I always liked to sit back there--or that little space between the two back seats--remember when we used to fit in there in Watson's wagon.

~joanne said...

No, it didn't have the backwards seat. I remeber the 'in-between seat' being the prime seat to sit in...that was the seat to 'get'!!

Funny how that stands out so much!!

The only thing I remeber about our wagon....was when we got pouch we had that car...right???

Vicki said...

Love the old car. It looks like the one Mrs Brady from the Brady Bunch drove!

Wow - talk about seeing red. I didn't know they had fire truck gatherings like that. They should sell tickets to the public, I know a lot of kids (adults too) who would love to see so many different types of fire trucks up close.

I'm glad your good hair day got you an extra perk! and that you didn't pass on the elephant ear. Good decision!