Sunday, September 28, 2008

Best Buds......

We decide not to visit our friend 'Chuck' or see a movie or The Children's Museum.....we went to a farm instead! To be exact.......Fruit Ridge Hayrides...about 7 minutes from our house. They had quite an assortment of things to do. Kiddie type rides....pony rides, pig train ride, fire engine ride. They had a hayride (not on hay...which confused the kids!), corn maze and you could pick apples or pumpkins.

We invited Trent's friend Carson Snyder to join us for the day and spend the night. We started out with some errands and I bribed them to behave with McDonald's and a hayride....like all good mom's would do!

This is Trent feeding Tim or Tony..we couldn't tell them apart!
Trent & Carson in the play area
Trent & Carson were my 6 & 7 year old guides! We were suppose to find 10 mailboxes and get our cards punched at each stop...needless to say we left without 9 &10! My first thought was..."this is gonna be easy!" but after we got in there and took about 6 turns I didn't know which way we had gone! It was suppose to be a 45 min. maze but I'm pretty sure we were in there for well over an hour!
We soon opted for the hayride and a coke...so off we went!
Here are our engines...three Belgium's. I know one of their names was Maude...I think one was Lucy and ?? As you can see, it was pretty bright out for little eyes.....
So that was our week-end trip. I found it humorous that all the people on the hayride were from Grand Rapids....they were coming to the 'country' for some fun.

2 comments:

The Hendersons said...

joanne! you're taking great care of my little nephew! good job! can't wait to see the boy's pictures! have a great week.

Glidewell Family said...

Looks like fun! I love the sun in the eye squint picture. That's my girls. Miss squinty eyes!