Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hang With Me....


Okay, Just one more recipe! Hang with me. I was talking to a friend and we were talking about this recipe..so I thought I would post it.

It's great & simple because it can be made ahead of time. I like to assemble it on Saturday night for our dinner on Sunday after church. The noodles don't need to be cooked and I have assembled it numerous times on the day before baking and it always works out beautifully!



Lasagna
1 can (26oz.) or jar spaghetti sauce
1 15 oz tomato sauce
1/8c sugar
1t. garlic powder
1T. minced onion
1 lb cooked ground beef
Mix above items together

~~~~
small cottage cheese
1 egg
1- 8oz. mozzarella cheese
Mix above items together

~~~~
1 box of regular Lasagna noodles (larger box)
1-8 oz. mozzarella cheese

Layer items in 9x13 starting with sauce(3/4 cup). Then layer of noodles (I put three length wise of pan then break one and put across the end). Then 1/3 of cheese. Then another layer of sauce.....and so on. I end with a sauce layer and then add one more layer of noodles and then remaining sauce and then top with Mozzarella cheese.
Cover with sprayed tin foil. Bake 350 covered for 45 min. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer till brown.


Hints....
**On each layer, I spread cheese around best I can and same with the sauce. This is not a picky recipe. So, if you put a little more cheese mix in one layer than another, that is fine.
**I spray tinfoil with PAM so It doesn't stick to cheese.
**To test for doneness...I stick a sharp knife in a noodle to check to see if it is cooked.
**Take it out of the oven and let 'set-up' on counter while preparing other foods.
**Great to take to a new mom or post-hospital meal..they can bake just before ready to eat.

4 comments:

The Hendersons said...

hey... food is way better than pictures of injuries... post away!

julie said...

What is this thing you call cooking dinner? Do you do it everyday?

Janice said...

It sounds like she does this dinner thing for other people also. Do we have to have a baby to get on her list?

~joanne said...

If either of you are going to have a baby....I will definetly make you a Lasagna..or two!