Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Black Friday Experiences....

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of my day to share with you, just my good old fashioned memory......

First, I got up at 4am to head to Meijers in Cedar Springs...it was a great ...virtually a ghost town at that time of the morning! Got my goods and headed out.....was in and out in about 1/2 hour....amazing! I really think they should make a reality show about my amazing shopping skills!

Next stop, Best Buys on Alpine....SCORE....got what I was after there too (and then some!) I'm thoroughly impressed with their abilities to move people through the check out! They had their appliances set up in a maze and had arrows on the floor to mark the line (kind of like a mouse maze). They even had a security guard at the beginning of the line..so no fights would ensue. Then they had a worker (a this particular moment it was a girl....which impressed me..men don't always understand the importance of getting through the line quickly!) directing you to the lane that opened up next. They did an awesome job and I made sure to tell them!

Next, Target...TOTAL bust....left there with nothing....lines were to incredible long. There is a limit to frugalness and insanity!

Next, ABC Warehouse....waited outside for 1 1/2 hours in the cold...with no gloves...did I mention outside? No Go! BUMS! Did get a new phone system for a good deal but that wasn't my objective! Any good shopper knows you always have to be on the alert for another good deal! Almost witnessed a fight between a police officer and a kid. He was trying to 'sneak' in when the doors opened after we all stood in line for, some up to 3+ hours! Police officer said it ain't gonna happen...good for him..I'm thinking we (the shoppers) would have all assisted him in taking him down! Don't mess with people that get up at the crack of dawn to get a good deal!!!

Let see....where to next....Menards. They had a few things that I wanted...lines were okay. A real Score when someone held up the item I wanted and yelled..."does anyone wants this..it's the last one!" Well of course...duh, it's the last one. Over here... over here...SCORE! Hold on, what is it? LOL! Snatched out of the hands of all the other shoppers....BAM...take that!

Then off to Rivertown Mall. There I meet Renee, Lynette, Danielle & Darica. Lets just say they didn't have enough parking spots to accommodate all of us! You would never know the economy was suffering if you were there that day! I had to resort to stalking shoppers that appeared to be leaving. I loved the mouthed words...."just heading to put this in my trunk!"...I wanted to say..."well, I'm sorry you must give up your spot!" In the mall I only shopped in Younkers and Sears. Oh and then the war that began up by the food court....it was not pretty! The mall had a promotion...spend $100 get a $10 gift card to the mall. You had to bring your receipts to a table near the food court before noon..and receive your gift card. Well, the mall 'supposedly' ran out of gift cards to give out...the fine print read 'while supplies last'. Okay, again...don't mess with shopper that have been up since 3 or 4 in the morning...just hand over the gift card and no one will get hurt! Long story short to my shame I left the mall with out a gift card...I think I let the whole Rexford clan down! To my glee, I got an e-mail yesterday from the mall that there is a gift card waiting for me in the mall office....I've been redeemed!

One of my favorite parts...we went out to lunch at Cracker Barrell. I still am confused why they closed the one on Alpine..I know I did my part to keep it open! Mmmmm...Grilled Chicken Tenderloins, Mashed Potatoes, Carrots and Grilled Sourdough bread with blackberry jam...a slice of heaven, here on earth!!

I hit a few more stores..MC Sporting Goods, Target, Family Christian, Radio Shack..and even stopped in Goodwill. I think I made it home by 2ish. After a restful nap I went to join my family for dinner at G&G's.

4 comments:

julie said...

And I was worried you might not be feeling well enough to shop!!

Way to do us women proud. Target was a let down for us too.

Sadie VK said...

I can't believe we never saw you. We were at most of those places, too. Target was ridiculous. They should take lessons from Best Buy on moving people through the line.

We were wondering what was going on with that line by the food court at the mall. Woohoo for getting your gift card!

The Hendersons said...

i'm exhausted just reading about your day! wow!

Vicki said...

Did you get everything on your list then? Do you have all your shopping done? I do most of mine on-line. I just can't tolerate some of the disappointments I get when I get to the store. :(