Monday, May 21, 2012

24 Years of Bliss....

You probably have already guessed that we went away for our 24th Wedding Anniversary!
It was no Cruise or trip to Cancun but hey it was three days away!!
It's not where you go but who you spend it with!
So we spent our 3 days in the Auburn Hills Area.
Tim Horton's is one of my favorites...I started my fatal attraction for him some years back in Canada...when I enjoyed a bread bowl with Chicken Stew!!
So when we spotted one...we stopped for lunch... Steve doesn't love Tim like I do....so he wanted to eat at Wendy's ( hahaha...I just realized he likes Wendy and I like Tim!!)
Well anyway...This picture is for Daren...Steve got a Chocolate Brownie Iced Cappuccino with Whipped Cream and a cherry!!!
This is what we did a lot of...relaxing! We spent a lot of our time at Great Lakes Crossing Outlet Mall  ...A HUGE sacrifice by Steve..like most men shopping is not his favorite pass time!!  To my credit I actually didn't buy very much.  I spent a lot of time looking....about 7 hours of looking!
Note to self...bring your own hairdryer...those hotel dryer can not handle this mop of hair....it took me three drying sessions to get it dry!  BTW...that is the front of me with my hair flipped over my face...hahaha!  (oh and I'm not complaining, by any means, about my abundance of hair!!!) 
some bullet points...
*free WIFi in hotels doesn't always mean you can access it...Steve's iPad would drop out and not connect
*1st time eating at Max & Erma's
*felt like the minority...lots of Asians & Indian...& Non-English people 
*some hotels still have old tube TV's
*some hotels don't have SPEED channel
*some hotels don't want you to watch NASCAR races
 *1st time to IKEA 

On Sunday we checked out of our hotel and headed south to IKEA...neither of us had been....so we were curious what all the talk was about!  It's a 2 story building....as you enter, you take an escalator to the upper level..."the showroom" floor....basically they made mini sample rooms of bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, living rooms...they display bookcases, wall shelves, storage items, lights, blinds...you name it....and on each item they have a number that corresponds with it's location on the 1st floor..get the idea??  What's great is, most of us are visuals..so, the concept is, if you can see how it would look 'done' you would be more inclined to buy more...great concept!  Everything is sold un-assembled.
Steve thinking about a new work area.  I bought a cooking pan!!! 

Then we were headed more Southward to Cabelas....alas, finally Steve's patience has paid off!! 
some of what you will see at Cabela's 
some other things you will see at Cabela's 
My faithful driver..and for the record I NEVER slept..there or back!!  This is quite an accomplishment for me....normally I always take a 45 minute snooze.  The joke is....if we headed any further away than Alpine I fall asleep!  I guess I wasn't cut out to be a truck driver! 
As I was looking at some of my purchases this morning I was noticing a theme...I guess I like pink & purple!?!!?  I didn't know I did....I always thought I liked greens????  Who knew...
In summary....we have enjoyed 24 fabulous years together.  We have obviously been married longer than we were single...amazing!  We were young when we got married and many said too young...well I guess not!  We have made a lot of rare milestones together....we have three children (all with the same last name), we have never had an affair, we have lived in the same house & town we got married in, we have always attended the same church & on and on ......
We took a vow before God 24 years ago and have never looked back!  We vowed to stick it out though the good and bad...like some, we haven't had a lot of bad but we chose to grow closer through OUR life trials...We HAVE gone to bed mad at each other (at least I did!) but we awoke realizing how much we would never want to say good bye to the person laying next to us!  We have a rare love these days!  Thank you honey for pursuing me...it's been a great ride!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

No affair? Really, what about the affair with Wendy and Tim? LOL!!
Congratulations on your marriage. Mark and I have a magnet on our fridge that says something to this effect - Any successful marriage takes work, they don't just happen.
It's a great reminder on those days when you're not so happy with your partner. After all we are all human so to get annoyed is natural to work on letting that annoyance go takes love!