Saturday, September 11, 2010

Family....

I took an unscheduled sabbatical from my blog. Actually things have been a little crazy in our life, to say the least...it was a good crazy though! A crazy I wouldn't have given up for anything. My family was all together! It doesn't happen very often that we can all come together at the same time! As our kids have grown, we all know it will happen less and less. We spent a week coming in one door to only leave a few minutes later! The occasion was my Dad's 70th birthday....I'll post pictures of that party later.

Let me list all that came from near and far!
my sister Julie her husband Tod--California
their son Joel and his wife Carissa and baby Ryan--Oregon
their daughter Hannah--California (in college)

my sister Janice and her husband John--Indiana
their sons Arie and Andrew--Indiana (both in college)

Grandma Elsie--Florida

Grandma Marian & R.H.--Illinois

John's motorcycle friend came one night

Hannah's boyfriend Eric came for a couple of days (college in MI)

I had sooooo many pictures, I was dragging my feet on posting...because I couldn't pick and choose which pictures would "make the blog". So, I decided tonight was the night to buckle down and start....so here are a few...enjoy!

We are a gaming family...we love to play cards together..so here are a few pictures.....
Playing Golf with Skip-Bo cards...so fun....
Hannah and Trent playing UNO...they are so photogenic!Euchre at the kitchen table...Tyler & Troy with their cousins Arie and AndrewOn night we held a Euchre tournament. Here's Dad, Hannah, Joel and Carissa...finishing up there game. Linda was the winner of the night.We had camp fires by the lake...we cooked giant marshmallows, our family favorite...pie irons, hot dogs and warmed hamburgers. Dad shared some of his teen/college and years in the service with us.
We jet skied together. Here's Troy
Tyler and Alisha
Tyler, Arie and Andrew...
We prayed together....
We ate together. G-pa eating with the grand kids.
So, I have a few more pictures to post...like 1,500...I think that is how many pictures Tod copied for me! Okay, I won't post alllll of them! Check back to see what else we did!

3 comments:

julie said...

Miss everyone and thank you for the wonderful memories.

Vicki said...

70??
Really??
Your Dad looks great. Happy Birthday to him. So glad you were all able to be together. Hannah, your boyfriend is CUTE!

steve said...

I think Eric looks allot like me!