Thursday, August 26, 2010

Biker Babes...

We tried something new...we went for a bike ride and out for dinner. The Ladies from church gathered at 14 mile road and road to 10 mile rd. Some had newly purchased bikes, some had just gotten them down from the rafters....and some had gotten back from a little bike trip...San Francisco to Kentucky!!! I was one of the ones that had not ridden all season...but I thought I could push myself 4 miles if there was food at the end!

Here we are getting ready to take off....(this was not the whole group)

We got to our destination...Arnie's in Rockford..it's a beautiful town...very quaint! We had a bit of time before our reservation so we walked the boardwalk next to the river....
We snagged a innocent bystander to take our picture, here is about half of the group....
22 of us ate at Arnies....We had a great time laughing and getting to know some of the ladies I didn't know so well! Then we had to ride back to 14 mile road! Ummmmm...it was a slow incline upward! Which I realized as we were riding on our way there, that I was coasting a lot....Hmmmm....something tells me we are going to have to petal up hill to our cars! We did have to petal.....I'm proud to tell you that I made it without getting off! I wanted to..but I didn't.
I'm inherently lazy! I don't like to exercise, I don't like to run, jog or walk...I like to eat ice cream and visit around a picnic table. That's me~

2 comments:

julie said...

Must be genetic. Every time Tod and I walk I want to walk to food and then back!!

The Hendersons said...

hey! we're here... gonna blog about us?? hahaha