Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Shindig..

This has been painfully slow getting the party pictures posted..... Man, I really have been busy! I mean it, I have!

So here is the Birthday Boy......

The party goers...I was a little concerned about the weight limit of the deck...good news... it stayed attached to the house...but we definitely put it to the limit!From the yard...The chef..BIL-Tod..flip burger and rolling hot dogsMore partiers...A birthday hug for the birthday boy. Trent had a special gift he had gotten around (unannounced to me or Steve) for G-pa....He knows G-pa likes golf so he found a golf ball and he re-gifted a clippy he had gotten at Christmas time. He put it in a gift bag and made a card. He was so disappointed when we couldn't find the gift the day of the party....he was insistent we find the gift and give it to him at his party...no worries, we found it....Troy had hidden it....don't ask!!!! He sure loves his Grandpa!And Linda...she is such a special blessing. The best part is, she loves my dad! She is so good to all of us! She welcomed all of us in to their home to hang out all day and half the night. One night they had 15 extra people spending the night...WHOA! She never gets rattled (at least she doesn't let us see it!) She is a wonderful women that loves the Lord too....Thanks you Linda for loving all of us! We Soooo Appreciate You!And my Grandma Marian...some call her Marian...some call her 'Aunt Marian'...But I get to call her Grandma! She is a wonderful women, she has given her life to ministry over the years...she is 91 years old....doesn't she look great!

One of the ways she served the Lord was by doing VBS's all over the U.S. Many many moons ago she was doing VBS meetings at Kent City Baptist Church and my little Steve went forward to give his life to Christ....just think of that...she was influential in my life by sharing the gospel with my future husband...AWESOME!! Sometimes I ponder the lives she has touched over her many years...uncomprehendable!and the pooped out Birthday Boy! I guess he can't party like he used too!


Wait, till I post the family pictures and the 'sisters' pictures

1 comment:

The Hendersons said...

you guys know how to throw a party! it was so much fun. thanks for sharing it!