Friday, August 28, 2009

Fredrick Meijer Gardens....



Trent and I had the privilege of visiting F. Meijers Gardens on Wednesday.We went with the school for a, lets just say, a pre-school field trip.
They did some classroom work making their own sculptures. I was helping a table of six girls...lets just say ours was 'less than beautiful'! What can we say....it was a bag of metal pieces and nuts and bolts!
Here is Trent with their 'sculpture'.....he was helped by 4 other kids.
Here we are in the classroom.
We took the kid tram around to look at the sculptures and gardens. It has been years, maybe 6, since I have been here and they have added a lot! I don't think I had seen the waterfall area..very nice!
This was a sculpture using letter shaped metal to form people. The kids had to find the first letter of their name.


Here is my group....taking a break. Notice I had all girls! They all behaved perfectly! We had a fun day together! Trent was acting as a monkey!
We were on a 'clipboard hide and seek'. We were given a small picture of a larger sculpture and then we had to find it...when we found them all, we could solve the puzzle. Again, these kids were at a disadvantage with me as their leader! If you know me well, I'm directionally challenged. So, needless to say, we did, shall I say, just a wee bit of back tracking! Just in case you are wondering...we did find all the sculptures...we only had to cut through the grass once to get to our sculpture...it's okay, no one saw us!
Here is the waterfall area I spoke of earlier.
They have a wonderful kids area....we unfortunately, were only able to enjoy it for a short while!


Trent enjoying his day!



1 comment:

julie said...

I have never been to the F. Meijer Gardens. I might need to add it to my bucket list.