Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Catch Up....

Rose of Sharon....

This is my Rose of Sharon Bush...it's just now blooming. I planted this after my mom died..so it's in memory of her. She loved flowers and her name was Sharon....how fitting!
Our 1st Annual Block Party....
A Success! Sunday we had our 1st block party. We invited 13 families that live along North Main. Almost all were able to attend....Yeah!
The kids went swimming
Troy, Trent and Breegan



Jack




enjoying our potluck style food









Men and their grills


30 neighbors attended. We have great neighbors..I will be truly sad if any of them move. We all get along so good. We all help each other. The younger help the older and the middle aged...well, I don't know what they do! We share tools and resources..not all neighborhoods can say this!


A Memorial Service for Grandma B.....

We gathered to have a belated memorial service for G-ma B, she died last fall.

Trent





Cousins









Steve and Joanne







joanne








'The Brothers'
Do you see any similarities? Na...I didn't think so!
Oops..sorry Mike, not the best picture of you!


6 comments:

steve said...

Wow! We've been busy!

Looking at the block part I am thinking maybe we should get a new umbrella?

~joanne said...

nobody knew it was our umbrella~

julie said...

Tim is our great neighbor! He always has that extra egg or cup of sugar!!

julie said...

I just need him to get a hot tub and we will be all set!

Vicki said...

Looks like a fun time! We talk about having a neighborhood party, but never have. I'm inspired.

Love the movie star look in those sunglasses!

Glidewell Family said...

ah I had a Rose of Sharon bush given to me for my first miscarriage. I had to leave it behind and never seen it in bloom. Thanks for sharing what it would have looked like.