Monday, March 30, 2009

Trial Run Over.....

The last three Sunday's Steve has gone with me shopping, as posted earlier. It has proved to be a very enjoyable time! He has passed the test...with flying colors, no less! He has moved up to pushing the cart ranks!

I normally don't brag or use this blogging place to share about my relationships...but sometimes you just have to! I am realizing what an awesome man I married. He has been amazing. When we spend time together lately we have soooo much fun together! It has not always been this way. Now, don't get me wrong....we have always had a great relationship. It just seems as though it's a great relationship turned greater! More Awesome! More Heavenly!

When we get to our stop...Steve jumps out and runs around to open the door for me. Which has proven to be a difficult wait for me...I want to just jump out. Funny & sweet side note.....last week we took Trent to a Soccer meeting and Steve ran around to open my door. Trent asked Steve "why are you doing that?" Steve replied...'cause I lover her! (AWWW!) The best part, was when we got home, Trent quickly jumped out and opened the door before Steve could get over there! Steve just gave him a smile!

This week, while we were shopping at Meijers. We had another AWWWW moment! Steve snuck away from me and purchased some flowers and ran them out to the car. When we got out to the car, they were there waiting on my seat...I know...AWWWW! I had no idea he was gone that long!

Along with all that, he is emptying the dishwasher, making me breakfast and rapidly working down his honey-do list! What did I do to deserve all this? Am I a princess? Pinch me, I must be dreaming!

The real rewards we are seeing is a attitude change in our boys. They seem to have a spirit of helpfulness. It seems as though....if Dad is doing it, I want to do it first. It's a race to do it before Steve can.

Another side note...The flowers Steve bought were a 'spring' bouquet. Some of you know my Alma Mater, Schoolcraft, competed in the Boys Basketball finals on Saturday. We went with Dad and Linda to the Breslin Center to see them play..unfortunately they lost....=(. Hang with me...there is a point! I think the flowers were actually a 'condolence' bouquet, as they were purple and yellow, my school colors!

Okay, back to my point.....I know I am not a professional writer or even a good amateur blogger but I hope I conveyed my thoughts today. In a world where men are thought of as idiots, belittled and just generally worthless. I wanted to express my appreciation to Steve for all his love and more! He is a wonderful man and I look forward to growing old with him!

I hope this post doesn't nausea any of you! Troy just came in the room and started reading what I was writing and said..Mom delete that...no one cares about you and dad's relationship. I'm hoping that isn't true....I'm thinking he's just 13!

8 comments:

Megan Manne said...

Not true at all! Jake and I have been very encouraged by your sharing about your marriage - it gives those of us who are more newbies something to work at! :)

julie said...

I'm still waiting for the spa date blog!

steve said...

Thank you Joanne. I appreciate our special relationship. You bring sunshine to my life.

And yes the flowers where your school colors.

Tod Henderson said...

awwww.. you two have always been a great couple. it is good to see you being able to have solid connections while raising three kids. sometimes the relationship can get lost in all that. congrats.

now.. one minor point: the schoolcraft eagles' colors are purple and GOLD ;)

Tod Henderson said...

purple and gold - fight, fight!
purple and gold - fight, fight!
who fights?
we fight!
purple and gold - fight, fight!

Tod Henderson said...

omg... now i want to try to remember what the fight song was. i played that baby about 5 million times.. so i remember the tune.. but the words? oh my alzheimer riddled brain!

help me out here...

i remember the beginning and end... can anyone fill in the middle?

schoolcraft, schoolcraft - hats off to thee



to strive, to strive for honor and
team and victory!

~joanne said...

Okay, first of all...I knew SHS colors were Purple & GOLD..but they didn't have gold flowers.

Secondly...You have already surpassed my knowledge of the school song..I don't think I knew it when I was there!

Thirdly...I might have Steve convinced to get a massage. I never thought I would ever write that!

Unknown said...

How wonderful! I enjoy hearing all about you and Steve and your boys. I didn't realize Schoolcraft had made it that far. Way to Go!