Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Recipe for December.....and Santa!...

My recipe for December is Poppy Seed Bread........I got this recipe from Steve's mom. She always made it around Christmas time...and it was always a favorite! I make it and give to my neighbors and pastors at church. I've made 4 batches this years so far...and I'm not done yet. One thing I like about it is...it's soooo easy...especially if you have a stand mixer and can let it mix while you do other things.






Poppy Seed Bread
½c. oil
1 c. hot water
4 eggs
1 small box instant vanilla or coconut pudding
1 yellow cake mix
1/8 c. poppy seeds
Mix! Ü....oh and put in 2 well greased loaf pans, 350° for 50-60 min., check for doneness with a toothpick in center. (I think adding almond extract would make it even better!)
BTW...for those of you in the GR area....if you haven't checked out Penzey Spices (on Alpine near Toy's R Us)...you have to!!! They have great stuff...I feel like I should get a cut from their profits! You can get Poppy Seeds their for $4.?? for 4 oz...which is a lot of seeds or you can get smaller quantities. We love their Northwoods Seasoning....we use it when we grill chicken......it's great! The other thing is, most of the spices I have purchased are cheaper than the grocery store....and don't have all those fillers! We also really like their Taco Seasoning. It's a must "check-out!"
___________________________________
Trent could hardly wait till Santa came to town on Saturday by way of train. He is way more excited than the other boys ever were about Santa. It's kinda funny what he said to me on the way there. He said "I know Santa is real...he just doesn't wear those clothes everyday....just sometimes"...I was kinda shocked...I was under the assumption he thought Santa was just a fun thing to believe in! He asked for a BB gun....in camo and with a scope or he said if Santa says no to that, I will ask for a dirt bike??!!...well good luck on that Trent!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I hate to burst his bubble, but my husband Jack played the roll of Santa this year for Kent City....
Check out my pics on my facebook page..we are friends....
P.S.( Don't let Trent see this)

steve said...

Does that mean Jack is getting Trent a BB Gun or a Dirt Bike???

PS he doesn't have to come down the chimney he can put it in the garage.

Anonymous said...

No Sorry.....he e-mailed all the children s wish list to the real Santa Yesterday!!! <[:{>

P.S. even in real life Jack couldn't fit down the chimney...LOL...
HA HA HA HO HO HO !!!!!