Friday, April 4, 2008

Hip Hip Hooray.......



The kitchen project is almost complete! It's been a long painful journey...at least in my mind right now! It's good to see it done. Steve finished one of the bigger projects on Monday...the under-the-counter lighting. He wired it direct with a switch. We had this lighting before but not wired with a switch...Thank You Steve! One of the best kitchen additions...lighting. You can never have too much lighting for me! Also new is the back splash.....it wasn't such a joyous project for Steve. He assured me, "if I never work with that stuff again, it would be too soon!"
We also added all new hardware....pulls, handles and hinges...we got brushed nickel. We got a wonderful deal on E-bay on the pulls...crazy huh! As you can see I don't have curtains or decorations up...that vent it the middle of the wall...what were they thinking????
One thing that is disappointing....how long a painted surface stays clean and unchipped!!!
Best thing....completion! *Ü* and under-the-counter lighting....seriously, you have to get some...you'll never go back!! You'll wonder how you managed to make Mac & Cheese with out them!!
Our vows....to never paint these cupboards again!!.....
~joanne

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow - what a transformation! It looks great!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!

julie said...

Great job!! Looks great. Do we have the same towels?

~joanne said...

Yes we do

Anonymous said...

Looks great!! Now I understand your comment last night about "under counter lighting". I should have read your blog before craft night so I was up to date on the buzz.

Glidewell Family said...

Can't say I've ever seen your kitchen but it looks sharp! I was going to say those drawer handles looked expensive glad you got a deal on ebay. What's the next project? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Looks great, what would it cost to help me with my kitchen?

The Hendersons said...

jo - i am SO WITH YOU on the painting the kitchen cabinets thing! it took us so long to get that job done because we both were waiting (hoping!) the other would do it.

anyways - it looks fabulous. i love the color and you do such a great job (steve too).

enjoy it. you deserve it.