Sunday, April 13, 2008

The BIG 40!....

Steve has arrived......this past Thursday he turned the big 40! Just think ½ way to 80! That would make him at the top!...right?

We enjoyed a great dinner at Dad and Linda...thanx Linda! Steve had a village meeting at night, so I had snuck a balloon and cake there earlier in the day. They sit in assigned seats so I tied the balloon to his chair for the night. Seemed kinda uneventful for a big birthday.

What he didn't know was that I had planned a Surprise party for him on Saturday....with some help from a few friends. We had a party-Euchre tournament. We had 20 players and about 40 total came.....so obviously not everyone played. I'm pretty sure that everyone had a great time!

Out of respect for my husband, I'm refraining from posting a picture of him with the Fairy. I hired a Fairygram to come and sing a little song to him. Needless to say, this wasn't the highlight of the night for him. He came in a pink leotard, tutu, blond wig and big red lips. Steve was sprinkled with fairy dust, leaving a trail the rest of the night!

Thanx goes to all of you that helped me "pull this off!" An extra special thanx to Brian and Caryn Snyder for letting us use your house....it's beautiful! Thanx to all of you that came and made Steve's birthday extra special! We have wonderful friends and family.....

~joanne

4 comments:

Glidewell Family said...

Wishing Steve a very Happy 40th Birthday. Out of respect for my husband I didn't post him in his white tights he had to wear for his kidney surgery.

julie said...

NO PICTURES? Not fair to the rest of us. I want to see what OLD looks like. Happy Birthday Steve.

The Hendersons said...

Steve! Happy 40th! I wish we could have been there to share it with you. And.. BTW.. you're going to make it WAY PAST 80.. so you're not even CLOSE to middle age yet. Stay young!

Amanda Gail Miller said...

Happy Belated Birthday Steve! =)