Monday, February 25, 2008

There's a baby in the house.....



Late last night we met in a parking lot in an undisclosed location, deep in the city of Grand Rapids. We were going to pick her up....but we got TWO!

Okay, before I go any farther...let me just say we aren't keeping both!

We have been looking for a couple of months now for a small dog. We are amazed at how expensive they are!! What we used to call 'mutts' are now 'Designer Dogs'. They are going for upwards of $300-$400 and a lot are $800! WOW. Even the Humane Society is selling them for $130! We have called on quite a few with none of them working out. Last night Steve found these around 6pm....we went to look at them at 8pm and was leaving with two by 8:30...how did that happen I wonder today??? I was only hoping for one! Okay here's the story....When we got there they said we could have Buy one get one free. You know I can't pass up a deal!!!! We are going to list one on Craigslist toward the end of the week. This way we get to pick the best one!

They are a Pomeranian & Jack Russell Terrier mix. Better know as a Pomajack. They definitely have the coat of a JR. One is 8lbs. the other is 10lbs. I think we are keeping the one laying down in the first picture (the 8lb. one) We don't think they will get a lot bigger, as Poms only get 3-7 lbs and JR get about 14-18lbs. Possible names is Lucy (my vote)

They are very sweet...so far and even slept through the night last night! Troy is most excited about a puppy! He has waited for this moment for a year or longer! We hope we will enjoy her and will house train fast!!....

~joanne *Ü*

7 comments:

julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
julie said...

They are so cute. I want one!!! I think two is the perfect number. My name choose....Dora.

julie said...

My name choice....Dora! Man I wish I could spell.

Anonymous said...

After reading this I had to comment. We have attempted to get two dogs in the past 3 years, the first was a pomeranian and the second was a JRT for Dolan whose name was Lucy. In the end we got him a kitten whose name is also Lucy. -Mandi Bair
ps the puppies are really cute. I'll want to come see which ever one you choose

Bonnie said...

The new grandog(s) are very cute! Glad you got a girl as they are few and far between in this family! I think you should call her Korki!
G-ma B

Rhonda said...

Too cute! Jessie would be glad to help them acclimate to Kent City...Perhaps you could just think of them as twins and keep both?!

Anonymous said...

Joanne,

Ship one out here! They look too cute.. and it would be funny to have brothers/sisters ??

You could name yours Bora, and we would do the same.. and when they are together we could call them Bora Bora.

Okay.. forget that! LOL