Monday, October 21, 2013

25 Years!

This has been 25 years in the waiting!
I have wanted new carpeting in our living room ever since we moved in 25 years ago!
The day finally came 1 1/2 weeks ago!
I know, everyone else is ripping out their carpet and putting in wood flooring but it always seems cold to me....I like carpeting!!
Really, to re-doing the wood floors it would have been beautiful but we would have had to practically move out and do the whole house..as the wood runs through the whole house!  Not very practical!
So here is the room already to get a new look!
I was forced to clean out the front closet and misc other areas where carpet was laid!  Force is good!

 ....making significant progress! 
done!!! 
I couldn't be more thrilled with the over all price, installation and carpet!
We had Chris from Kent City Flooring put it in...who knew there was a Kent City Flooring...lol!

~~And like all projects..one thing leads to another~~
and while we had everything tore up...I decided I wanted/needed a new piece of furniture for under the TV...the old one we had was a particle board thing..functional but not real pretty to look at!
I looked on Craigslist and everything was upwards of $200+!
Last Monday I stopped in to JT's (aka the Junk Store) and found this gem! Just what we needed.  
Steve did  put new hardware on it.  But it was only $50! YES!
I put this in the WIN column!
It was a pretty awesome day for me!!  Ranks right up there with my marriage and birth of my kids!

No comments: