Thursday, May 6, 2010

What's Been Going Down....

We have been preparing & hosting a Garage Sale!! I forgot to get a picture first thing this morning..but here is one from mid-day. I have to laugh..looks like we have NO shoppers..but we had shoppers..and a lot of them!! I think we had 20 cars in front at one time! It was a cool but sunny day...but best of all, no rain!I'm guessing our combined total for the first day was around $400..not to shabby! Mind you that is 7 families. We sold everything from clothes to a washer to a loveseat to a tables...you get the idea!

We usually try to pick out an item that we think won't sell and spend our days watching to see what customer will pick it up....mine this year was one adult crutch!! I know, you ask why we have one crutch? I know I wonder that too!! It literally just appeared in our garage a couple months back and I've interrogated everyone that lives here...and no one knows where it came from?? And how it got here?...I don't know but it is this years item to 'watch'!

And let me just say everything about sales are exhausting..but yet fun! It's kinda weird, we all get together and talk and catch up...we eat lunch together...we move stuff around....we visit with long lost friends. Preparing for the sale is tiring...running the sale is tiring...but there is something gratifying about cleaning and organizing and purging.

I had gotten REALLY behind in my life since my 'bad' fall/winter last year. I'm hoping this has inspired me to get moving on my house! It will take a lot more time and effort but at least I've gotten started...and that is half the battle. So, I'm hoping to tackle the basement next!

These are some labels I printed out. If you are going to have a sale, this is the way to go! Printing labels...not necessarily these but any label will do...address labels would work great too....just cut them in strips after you print out the prices....and don't forget your initials in case you are having it with others!! In the past, these have stuck on clothes pretty good..but this year they seem to come off...=(...I'm not sure what was up??? And remember to print out lots of .25 & .50...lol...at least for my stuff!!

We did do a little horse trading and 'lets make a deal' deals. In all, it was a good day. On to tomorrow....

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Very inspiring. Maybe I'll try to get my kids to help me with my basement before we have our sale. I don't have one very often but it seems to be every 2-3 years lately. It would be nice to make some extra $$ before the summer fun starts!

Thanks for the label idea and good luck with the rest of the sale!