Friday, January 29, 2010

Everyone's Favorite


Who doesn't love Chocolate Chip Cookies? Who doesn't love seeing a kid licking the beater? Everyone at my house loves them!


We often have discussions about how long they should be baked for...some like them softer, some like them crunchier!

I learned how to convert my recipe to make them Gluten Free, so we all can enjoy the same batch!

I'm pretty proud of them...if you know anything about GF baking it's not easy. It's not like you dump in 1c. of some other GF flour to replace all-purpose flour...oh, not that easy at all!!!

You have to add Xanthan gum to almost everything you bake! It's the 'glue' that holds it all together. I have had countless flops and MEGA epic fails! Sometimes, I get frustrated when things don't turn-out...but that is all part of the process..so I have learned to say..."it's not always going to work out!"

I thought I would publish my recipe so you can all try it out. I will print it as a normal and then put GF changes on bottom. Hope you enjoy!....

Chocolate Chip Cookies-
2 1/4 c. flour
1 t. soda
1c. butter/margarine (softened)
1/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 small box vanilla instant pudding (the secret ingred.)
2 eggs
1 bag choc. chips
Mix flour & soda; set aside. Combine butter & sugars cream together. Add vanilla & pudding. Beat till smooth & creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually add flour mix. Stir in chips. 375 for 8 min.
gluten free version....substitute in featherlight flour mix for 'flour' and add 1t. xanthan gum. Drop on sheet then smoosh cookie down with back of spoon dipped in water.
Featherlight Flour Mix...1c. Rice Flour, 1c. Cornstarch, 1c. Tapioca Flour & 1T. Potato Flour (not starch)

I'm thinking of submitting it to Allrecipes.com. I will keep you posted if they except it....

1 comment:

The Hendersons said...

wow.. those look really great! you nailed it!

btw.. i'm fall a bit on the chewy side!