Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Mommy & Me

If you know Trent like I know Trent, you would know how much he has wanted to visit the infamous Mystery Spot in St Ignace.  We have passed it often to & from our quading trips without time to stop at the tourist trap.  It's funny how his radar goes off when we are getting close to the location along Hwy 2!

 (Labor Day week-end) Steve & Troy were going on a Quading Trip to the U.P. with Daren, Darick & Dakota, so I thought it a perfect time for Trent and I to head North!
On Thur Trent & I headed North to Mackinac City to spend the night...and "See the Sights"  Thur we crossed the bridge, went to....
Trent in one of the rooms!
Just down the road a bit, we went to Deer Ranch
I think Trent's Daddy would like to "meat" up with this beauty!!
albino

 a little more north was Castle Rock& Paul Bunyon and Babe the Blue OX
Castle Rock is a bit of a climb up the stairs but the long high ramp was about more than I could do! Did I mention how high it was????  I did conquer my fears and made my way out to the flag (without crawling!!)
By the flag..see the enjoyment on my face!
While we were in St Ignace we looked up the Elmblads...which will be my nieces future in-laws.  So, Trent & I made a surprise visit to Mark Elmblad's office (State Farm Agent) ....he wanted us to met his wife (Carol) and daughter (Nicole) so we drove out to their home on the shores of Lake Huron.  They were every gracious in meeting us.  They have a beautiful view of the bridge in their back yard!  Looks kind of like this picture only it would have the bridge over our left shoulder. Side note my nieces (from CA) is engaged to a guy that grew up in St Igance and graduated from Uof M and lives in CA...SMALL WORLD!!

After coming back to the M/City side we walked the beach by the bridge a bit
Trent held up the bridge for the vehicles
then we back to our hotel, which had a water park..it wasn't no Great Wolf but it was kinda fun for him!

Friday morning we jump on a Ferry and headed to the island!  Trent had never been to the Island.  I've been many times as Craig & Kristi use to live there so we went often.  They moved off shortly after Trent was born so he never made it.  
The Ferry we took goes under the bridge one time a day so we made sure to ride that ferry over!
We took a carriage ride
and went to Arch Rock
and to the Fort!

and walked downtown! 
Trent's words when we walked out to main street from the ferry.."Oh, I thought it would be more run down!!"
and we rode the ferry back to the mainland!
oh and we bought some fudge...duh!!!
Captain Trent!
We had a great time together! I think he will remember this trip for many years!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Hanna is engaged? I didn't know - I'm so excited for her.