Thursday, November 10, 2011

What's for Dinner??...

That's the question I often hear at the Buckner Homestead!
I thought I would post this recipe that's easy & well liked by everyone...which is always a plus!!!!

~Easy Meatballs~
2lbs ground beef
chopped onion (I usually use dried onion..'cause I'm kind of lazy!)
salt/pepper
1c oatmeal (I used GF bread crumbs, I think you could use crushed crackers too) 
1/2 c milk
2 eggs-beaten
mix above together (I usually mix this together with my hands...quicker that way!)
and form into larger than golf ball size balls..put in 9x13. 
They should look like this:
the sauce:
1c tomato sauce (small 8oz can)
1 c ketchup (or you can use 2c ketchup if you don't have tomato sauce on hand)
3/4 c brown sugar
3T mustard
2T Worcestershire sauce
salt /pepper
mix together and pour over uncooked meatballs.
Bake in a 350 oven about 1 hour (depending the size of the meatballs)

This should be what the final product looks like:
 Oooo...I want to have some of these for dinner!!!

No comments: