Monday, November 14, 2011

Praising God

Trent & I were luck enough to attend 
The Rock & Worship Roadshow on Friday night Nov 4th at the VanAndel.  
This was the first concert Trent has ever been to!
This was a pay-at-the-door kind of concert..so we didn't have to pre-buy any tickets.  
I was pretty sure I could drive to the Arena with out the GPS..so we took off Southward.  Well, if you know anything about how directionally challenged I am, you will  understand the above statement!!! As soon as I got off 131 on Pearl, I knew I had gotten off too soon..so I took the next right..and Trent's eagle eyes spotted the Arena, we went around the block, parked for $8...just like we knew what we were doing!!!  The line wrapped almost all the way around the block..so we quickly made friends with the people in front of us while we waited..so not like me!!!!  We soon found out she was a nurse and he was a pastor in Petoskey..they were down visiting their kids for the day.  He actually is from a sister church in Traverse City, New Hope Community were the Isenharts go..small world!!!  And to make things even funnier..when their kids joined them in line...they were taking pictures together..and they were trying to get everyone in..I said I would take the picture for them...the guy behind, thinking we were all together, piped in and said "hey I'll take the picture of all of you!"  Hahahaha  A family picture of them, with me tucked in the middle!!
So, after a long wait, in pretty decent weather for the first of November we got in.  It was not very hard to find two seats together..so we had pretty awesome seats...well, if you consider sitting under 14 speakers awesome..than this was your seat!!!
Waiting for the show to start...
more waiting
the 14 speakers over our head
Trent with a shot of the crowd!
Hawk Nelson
Matt Maher ( my personal favorite)
Matt Maher & his band
Trent and his glow cross
MercyMe...they were excellent too!!! 
Trent was getting a little tired of it around 11pm ..so we were thinking of leaving...just then MercyMe started playing....I can only Imagine!!  Ummm...sorry Trent, we have to stay for this one!!!!!  Most Excellent!
Other groups were Jars of Clay, Tripp Lee (some rapper dude) & Group One Crew.


Some of the things I noticed.....
*There were a lot of teens there..PTL!! Sometimes in this world, the news gets me down and I feel like the world is going to Hell in a hand basket.  Sometimes I get thinking that the kids these days are horrible..and that there is no one good left.  I start thinking this generation is all about themselves and God is nowhere to be found!  Well it did my heart good to see so many kids attending and genuinely praising God!  GOD IS STILL ALIVE!!!!!
* I can not text fast....Steve texted me around 9 to asked if we were still there..I was trying to reply...do you even know how many times I had to backspace to correct my spelling!  Talk about embarrassing, I was trying to cover up what I was doing so the others around me couldn't see ..I didn't want to be the butt of their jokes!!!)
* I brought my camera--I might as well brought a 8 track player!!!  I felt like the kids around me were whispering....what is that?  does it take pictures? Nobody carries a camera (at least kids under 25)..they all use there phones to take pictures.
* The music was really loud-it took me two days to get my hearing back.. maybe that had something to do with our seat selection???  maybe I'm getting old???
* It was so good to hear people praising God!  I am not a singer in any way, shape or form...I couldn't carry a tune if it had a handle..but when the music is that loud..you can sing at the top of your terrible voice and no body knows how bad you really sound!
*Trent still loves to go places with his mom (well..if there is fun & food)

We had a great time together and even enjoyed a McFlurry on the way home! 

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Thanks for sharing that I'm not the only one feeling old around teenagers these days! LOL!! Glad you both had so much fun. He's really a cutie.

julie said...

Totally jealous!! I love MercyMe. What a fun date with Trent.

Hannah said...

I want a mcflurry with my mom!!