Thursday, December 9, 2010

Admissions & TGiving...

I know I know...where have I been?...well, pretty much everywhere but here!

It seems to be, that writing on my blog, has become some what of a problem...a time and priority problem! I've even wondered if I would keep doing it??? It just seems to take time. I enjoy doing it and the ability I have to keep in touch with family and friends. I love knowing that my family can see what we are up to. They can 'tune in' when it is convenient for them. Although, we all are far apart we can seem close by keep up with each others busy lives and not only with words but pictures!

Now that so may have a Facebook page, I could feasibly post the pictures on FB and not do "double duty". BUT...someday I may print this out and make a yearly log of what we have been up to. I've never been a good record keeper...my boys baby books barely have their first tooth recorded! Sooo...for now, I plan to forge ahead and keep writing my "online journal" ONWARD....



Thanksgiving 2010....
We celebrated at Steve's Dad & Mom's house. This is a pre-diner picture of some laughs...
The Adult table...well kind of...lol!One of the 'teen' table...Tyler, cousin Drew and his GF Nikki. More kids.....Florin, Maddie &Troy.....

After dinner,
Some of the girls played Phase 10. Carrie, Kristi, Nikki, Maddie & JoanneThe three brothers....not in birth order! Steve, Craig & Mike. Let me defend their attire for a minute. These boys get up early Thanksgiving morning to go hunting...so this is what was left after they pealed off there hunting clothes! Father and Son is now dressing alike...ha ha ha!

Joanne was looking through the sale ads....The kids took time to play some Euchre together...Then there was picture time...
Here is the Buckner family...well, the Steve Buckner Family...Trying to get a picture of my three boys..need I say more....All the Grandkids...let me just say how painful this was...for them and us!Some went hunting together...let me hear all of you now....AWWWW!The meat locker...a.k.a, the garage... Craig, Florin & Steve's meatI will leave you with one last picture..one of my favorites..... Cousins sharing a moment together. These moments are few and far between these days...but priceless!
So much to be Thankful for!

3 comments:

The Hendersons said...

hey joanne - welcome back! i know what you mean about the conflicts of time and the availability of facebook.

one thing that your blog does well, though, is allows you to tell a bit longer story about your lives... so i hope you will continue.

anyways... thanks for a picture of meat hanging in a garage. been awhile since i've seen that ;)

Vicki said...

WARNING!!! WARNING!!! Where was the warning. I was enjoying the beautiful pictures of your happy family and then BOOM - being a more urban girl now, it's kind of shocking to see that. It's not a norm where I live and a little warning would have been nice.

Oh, I love your in-laws home. It's beautiful and made a great backdrop for your pictures.

~joanne said...

Oops Sorry Vicki...I'll remember that for next time!