Tuesday, February 24, 2009

FB

This is a post for all you that don't have a Facebook account..or that won't let me be your friend!

It's kind of a fun way to learn about others. People post it on their page and you can 'tag' others to post on their account about themselves.

This is what I posted about me....... Maybe for a later time...'50 more things about me!'

25 Random Things About Me.....

1. I put off doing this because I couldn't think of 25 things about myself!


2. I was saved by grace and am SO thankful for that!

3. I don't leave 'junk' in my van....no McD cups there....

4. Someday I want to take my kids on a special vacation.

5. One of my favorite memories of summer was going to camp with my Grandma, cousins and sisters (not so much!)

6. I like to make cards....but I'm not very creative....so it's not always so fun!

7. I like to talk...not a lot of it makes any sense!

8. I hate to sweat...we will leave it at that!

9. As a kid, we had a cabin in Croton MI....loved it! Lots of fun memories...

10. I don't like liver...GROSS, who eats some animals filter organ! And thinks it will taste good fried in butter! Nasty!

11. I totally hate mice, rats & bats...they were created on the 8th day...no way God would have created those creatures!

12. When my oldest sister was a senior, we took a 3 week family vacation out west. We pulled a pop-up...and when ever we would park it and leave for the day...when we would come back everyone around us left...it was that ugly!

13. My best friend in grade school was Vicki Yuktonis.

14. We have a hot tub and go in it 3-4 times a week!

15. I worked as a Dental Assistant for11 years at a dentist office in Sparta.....but I have my Cosmetology License.

16. My first real job was working at Meijers in Kalamazoo pushing carts. Go figure..they saw potential and moved me up to cashier...and I was a good one!

17. I graduated from Schoolcraft High School with Honors ( I know, hard to believe!..I think the standards were much much lower!)...not Kent City HS, like everyone thinks.

18. My mom always thought I should have been a Stewardess or a Waitress.

19. I'm afraid of heights..or should I say I don't like them...oh, that's afraid!

20. My husband Steve can fix just about anything...he's amazing...he's working on me right now.... It was brought to my attention that I need to edit this one....'fixing' me into a better person...there is that better!

21. I rolled my car, on my first day of Cosmetology School because I was putting lipstick on while driving! Oops!...well, a girls gotta look good!

22. I got married at 19...not because I had too...I wanted too!

23. I was in 4-H and showed steers at the fair...why?...I ask myself.

24. I drove through our garage door when I was 15 and learning to drive a stick...another Oops! It was all my sisters fault, she didn't tell me not to let off the clutch!

25. I love peach anything...but hate that fuzz.

26. Number 26, because I can.....I have a fetish...I hate it when I put a new trash can liner in and people put trash in it....can't they see I just emptied it!

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Great list. You are too kind to mention me. You were my Best friend in grade school too. My kids always ask who my best friend was and I always say Joanne. It's amazing we've known each other for so many years!

Do you have a "BUCKET" list like your sister, Julie?

~joanne said...

Nope, I don't have a Bucket list...as a mater of fact, I've never seen the movie!

I think you have to be at least 45 to make one!

Unknown said...

I loved this list. It made me think of a few things from when we were neighbors that still make me laugh!

Hannah said...

Wow Joanne - you are just so cool. lets be facebook friends immediately!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog...you crack me up! Love ya, LoriK:)

The Hendersons said...

joanne... i was surprised that i remember so many of your list items... particularly your driving 'adventures'. man.. am i old ;(

julie said...

You must have a list of "someday" things. Like going a special vacation with your family!

I loved the cabin too. I even loved the rides up there too!! Who knew you could ride in the top of a pick-up camper shell. And pie irons rock!!