Monday, January 21, 2008

Day off....


Today the kids had school off. Not sure it was a day of for the parents! =) So we headed to the movies....which we seldom do! I think, in part, of the selection that is available and the price of the movies tickets and the popcorn and.... The boys spent some of their Christmas money to pay for their tickets.
Trent and I enjoyed The Pirates that don't do anything. It was very enjoyable! We both a good laugh now and then...I think me more than him!! Rivards and some of the Hammerstrom gang where also there!!
Tyler and Troy didn't think this was their kinda movie so they chose another. After the movies, we did some shopping...very little.... with boys.
Tyler was our chauffeur today...eeekk! I think I said a lot of "slow downs" One thing I have noticed is driving on a highway at 65 MPH is a lot more settling than Alpine at 30 MPH!!! You all just wait...if you haven't already been here, you will and you will be saying all those same things I said today!! When your kids are 10 it seems like you would be glad to ride with them, help them in this new endeavor and encourage them on the do's and don't's of good driving!...that's what I thought too!!!
Maybe I'm just a control freak when it comes to driving. I'll be honest, I like to drive, I like to know when we are stopping, turning and where we are going to park. I've been known to ask Steve if I can drive, especially on Alpine...I figured that it's my territory....I know the way around that neck of the woods!! You probably can guess his answer...NO!
I like to think I come from a long line of gifted drivers...the Rexford family...just ask us we will be glad to tell you! I told Steve, not to long ago, that I must have been a 'natural' at driving...he laughed! I didn't think that was funny!! How come we all think we are good drivers?? I think I'm good....Steve thinks he's good...Tyler thinks he's good....Is anyone a bad driver?? Will they admit it??........
~joanne

1 comment:

julie said...

I don't know what is harder.. riding with them or seeing them drive away alone!! Wait till he wants to do a road trip with friends.