Monday, October 8, 2007

Soccer Mom??....


I guess I never thought I would be one! That's Tyler out on the field at one of his soccer games. He has had his haircut since that picture, just in case you were wondering if that was a girl!!!
They have not been what you would call a winning team. Let me start by telling you why.... 1) Kent City doesn't have a 'team' till you start high school 2) We lost 5 seniors! 3)Gained 5 freshman 4) program started 4 years ago..... WA WA WA
Also....we started this year with a team of 8! (if you know anything about soccer, you will know you are starting 3 short of a team!) We are up to 20 now!!
But best of all Tyler is enjoying the sport! I think with some confidence he will get pretty good at it! At least he is out trying something and learning the basics of some sports. He plans to play on the Golf team in the spring, not a real spectator sport.
They only have 3 games left this year...I'm pretty sure they aren't going to Districts!
~joanne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness. He looks like Steve. I can not believe how grown he is. It is simply amazing to me that we are old enough to have children of this age!

Vicki Pries