Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Lost Art....



This is a picture of a lost art, It's called cookie baking. You mix sugar, eggs, flour and a few other ingred. and Viola... dough!! Amazing...you thought dough was only purchased in a plastic tube by the rolls...nope! Troy actually made this gluten free dough while I was making Sunday dinner. We rolled it out later that night and enjoyed some warm cookies. We made pumpkins with no frosting...crazy, I know! Troy doesn't like them frosted?? I'm not sure he is really mine! These were great cookies, especially for being GF, not known for their good taste & texture! I'm not sure any of you could tell the difference. I couldn't help but snap this picture of them watching them bake.
Speaking of GF cooking, I made my first trip to the Asian market last week. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, they were very helpful. They didn't even laugh and point at me and speak another language, I'm not sure why I thought they would!! It was the gas station I stopped at after that, that was a bit more challenging. I wanted to buy gas and a car wash, then you got 10 cents off per gallon. Oh, did I tell you it was Asian run! The gas wasn't so hard, it was the car wash and the lady explaining it to me that was scary! She kept saying NO brake NO wash, NO brake NO wash.... I made it out and didn't have to place a call to Steve explaining how I was stuck in a car wash in GR.

~joanne

2 comments:

julie said...

Baking cookies is so much fun. It is the Rexford way to love to bake just not cook!! My kids can make sugar cookies better than me.

The Hendersons said...

I just wanted to add to julie's remarks. Apparently, Joel is well known in Salem, Oregon for his cookies. He even bakes some on days where he was supposed to pick up cookies from the store for some work function. They love him! A skill with definite benefits.

Bake on!

- tod