Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Roscommon....

Last weekend Steve and I spent three days at the Fireman's Memorial in Roscommon MI. It is a Fireman's Dream!! It is held outside in like a fair type setting. Steve was there to represent the Spencer Manufacturing line of firetrucks. So as long as he is in this business, he will be there. I was there as the lunch lady. Actually it was a week-end for a little break from every day life for me! I certainly didn't fill my sleep bank! I did get to go the the outlet mall with Renee (she drove over to spent the day with me...isn't she sweet!)
This year it was the 28th annual memorial. They do things like parades, a ceremony for fallen fire fighters, exhibits, pancake breakfast, chx barbecue....
It's quite a big shin-dig for fire fighters and families. Not being brought up in the fire world it seems quite foreign to me! They are proud of there trucks and equipment, they all have bumper stickers, lights on their trucks and monogrammed jackets! Steve received the plaque for the longest traveled in the parade, they'll keep it at Spencer. What we learned....1,ooo pieces of candy isn't near enough candy to throw in a parade! Lots of sad faces along the side of the road :(!
I had a pic of Steve and George in front of the truck but had to return the camera it was on...so I had to delete the pic! I know you are all bumbed!
Special thanx to G-pa & G-ma Buckner for letting the boys stay with them!
~joanne

1 comment:

Chris & Jerri Coates said...

Those firefighters are definitely a special breed of people! I can say that with 16+ years of experience behind me!!!

Jerri