Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Love

This is long delayed...part of the problem is I'm not a "writer"..it's HARD for me to put my feelings into words...and EVEN harder for me to get in touch with my feelings.  I'm not super emotional...that's not my strong point. So for me, to write an entire post about feelings is uuggghh...

Happy 25th Anniversary Steve

25 years ago at the age of 19 I said "I Do"...we started this adventure we call marriage.  We headed to a honeymoon in the Poconos, the "80's" honeymoon destination!
We came back to our first (and only!!) house....
We both worked jobs the first 4 years of our marriage ..then came the day we wanted to start a family!
Tyler was our first bundle!
Three years later we welcomed little Troy!
Our family wasn't complete till little Trent came along, 6 years later!

We had fun together....
One of our Halloween costumes (pre-marriage) 
A family photo...Camping...Lake Michigan...North Muskegon 
Still hanging together after all these years
Quad riding in the U.P. 

Steve, you have brought me so much joy!  
We have laughed, cried, hugged, said good-by to loved ones, been on vacation, welcomed loved ones, yelled at each other (I know, shocking!!!), parented, bought cars, washers, fridges, fixed toilets, mowed lawns, enjoyed sitting in the hot tub, watched sons graduate....we have persevered...we have so much to celebrate!!  When the world told us to "give-up"...we stuck it out.  The world says you deserve "to be happy" you deserve "to make YOUR dreams come true"....but at the end of the day..we knew we loved each other..and that's the whole reason we worked it out!  The world doesn't teach sacrifice....sacrifice for anothers sake!  I see so many people leave marriages for someone else..and honestly it's heart breaking.  The grass isn't greener on the other side!!  I wish I could say at 19... I was so mature that I knew what I was doing when I said "I do" to this man....I wasn't and didn't!!  Only by God's loving grace did He bring us together and bring us this far!  
Thank you God for looking down on this young inexperienced girl and bringing Steve into my life.  Thank you Steve for never giving up on me.  It took me awhile..but knowing you love me so deeply fills my heart with gratitude! 
So, on this 25th year..I say a THANK YOU!  Thank you for loving this unlovable woman!

Bonefish Grill 

3 comments:

Glidewell Family said...

How was Bone fish Grill? Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! Loved the old picture of the newlywed house! Can I just say how jealous I am that you've lived in one spot all your life. My blog will have to many homes posted. I'm so glad that you have a Godly marriage and you have stayed together for soooo long.

~joanne said...

Bonefish grill is great...it's a ritzy place for special occasions..I'm not a shrimp lover ..but some are crazy for their shrimp!

Megan Manne said...

Joanne! Not a writer? You wrote this beautifully! You and Steve are a beautiful picture of a marriage that loves and lasts and lives in God's grace. Thank you for that from someone trying to follow in those footsteps. :) Happy Anniversary and God bless you both!!